Saturday, November 21, 2009

OANDA FXMessage Forex Forum

Hello Cuong,


You know what most professional traders call scalpers, ie. 1 hr. charts down to seconds? Losers.


Random noise can be 60 pips or even more sometimes. Lots of work gathering 5-20 pips, then getting crushed on a bad trade. Plus, think about this, you expect to make decent money trying for 10 pips. Look at the movement of the Majors, hundred pips a day is not that unusual. You gather those puppies by staying in a trade sometimes for days with 100 pip stops.

Those big fish [banks, your own broker perhaps] laugh at the scalpers...plus they love to stop hunt those little piggies.

Why do you think they always say 85-95% who trade the FOREX are losers?

Hope you don't turn into Cannon Fodder.


Good luck, wm

Hello Cuong


who cares what professional traders call scalpers?

Just see what works for you over a year or so. People can and do make money scalping. Whether you can and will is what you are asking and only you can find out. If we were professional traders we wouldn't be here...just find what works for you CONSISTENTLY, i.e over many months

According to theory this below shouldn't work... I'd say if you can do it month in month out then b@gger the theory.




















Kramer, I welcome all idea/thought. We have diffirent experience in different things even in Forex only (someone experience on carry trade, others experience on griding, others may find scalping is good), and that's why the forum is a good place to learn from each other. I don't ignore anyone because of his/her idea is different from mine. I may ignore the one not focus on the topic I am trying to explore/research.



Kramer & Drdark, I know you have lots of experience. Have you try scalping and find it work? If "yes" then it is nice if you could share your experience on that.


Xaron, I agree with you that the term scalping is not clear. We should say more specific on what time frame we focus on (still look at bigger time frame to sense the big picture) , what pip we are aiming for.


Right now, I am trying to identify trend by 1hr,3-hr, 1day chart and use 5 minutes chart to focus on. Sometime I use 1minute chart when the market is more volatile. In that approach I found I can increase the hit-rate a lot. And since the hit-rate is high and the pip aiming is small. I use big lot size. I won some big trades fast and sometime I missed the change of taking profit and fall into loosing (temporary). Depend on the big picture that I will cut loss or just wait for the market turn back to my favour direction (which is what I sense from the big picture). Many times, by waiting, I turn the loosing into even or gaining, that take time (be patient, when it is neccessary to do so)


I am still trying this approach and I am willing to hear from many others's thought (but please don't use improper wording so that we can comfortably keep discussing)


Regards,
Cuong

1 comment:

  1. Find out how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING online and are living their wildest dreams TODAY.
    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

    ReplyDelete